Wednesday 21 May 2008

It's Good To Be Alive.

I took the above picture out of the upstairs staffroom window at Wetherspoons on Deansgate, May 1999, as we waited for The Mighty Reds to drive past showing off the silverware from a record breaking "TRIPLE" season.
I was a first year photography student armed with slide film, velvia 50! an OM1 and a futile hope that I wouldn't be Under-Exposed, either with this shot or in my later career. And as I look back on that spring evening I realise that I can be thankful for my life now. I still live in the city I love, I am still in love with photography and tonight my other love, United are taking me back to hopefully some similar feelings I had almost a decade ago.
And while I'm placing my match supply of cans in the fridge and battle the girlfriend and the cat for the best spot on the sofa, my heart goes out to David Beckham, because tonight even with all his money and fame, I know that deep down he will be a little sad and envious of that group of lads who will be running out onto that chilly Moscow pitch.............

No comments: