Tuesday 20 October 2009

RACE, DIVERSITY, PHOTOGRAPHY: Online Symposium.

I liked the way that Pete Brooks described his hopes for THIS

"I am perversely driven by the desire to test the power and limits of the photoblogshere. It would be a collective blogging bomb!"

I couldn't believe that this hasn't been done before, not blog bombing I mean discussions on race & photography. No time like the present though, not when there's still so much unbelievable shit like THIS going on. That's the obviously bad stuff, there's harder more complicated issues like THIS to also give more time to.

Shit, I am now aware of how many times I said the words "bomb" and "race" in this posting and I've no doubt woken from their slumber, someone from HERE .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark. Seriously, I can't believe it hasn't been done before!

But that explains why everyone is on board without a second thought. From you, it would be great to get a UK perspective on the issues. duck and Colin Pantall will help provide that too.

It has been so long since I lived in the UK, how is diversity even defined or measured in UK towns and cities?

mark page said...

I'm particularly interested in how the representation of SOME aspects of American Black culture is portrayed and picked up by British youth both white and black. I'm going to have a think about that for starters. I,m also friends with a leading Manchester Black peace activist, I,m going to forward a link over to her and pick her brains......
Cheers Pete it's picking up a fair head of steam....

mark page said...

I'm particularly interested in how the representation of SOME aspects of American Black culture is portrayed and picked up by British youth both white and black. I'm going to have a think about that for starters. I,m also friends with a leading Manchester Black peace activist, I,m going to forward a link over to her and pick her brains......
Cheers Pete it's picking up a fair head of steam....