Sunday 26 August 2012

THE MANCHESTER PROJECT


"Originally started back in 1999 the initial inspiration came from W. Eugene Smith’s PITTSBURGH PROJECT. The aim to make as complete a portrait as is possible of a city, in this case Manchester.


The archive exists as several hundred sixteen by twelve inch prints. It is also a blog which can be seen HERE.

THE MANCHESTER PROJECT is divided into eleven chapters which are; GROUPS, TOPOGRAPHY, LIFE, YOUTH, BUILD THEM UP KNOCK THEM DOWN, CONTROL, WORK, SHOPPING & PLAY, FOLK, SIGNS and DEBRIS.

THE MANCHESTER PROJECT may never be finished."

So reads the blurb that I have just upload over at my website. That's why I've not been writing here for a couple of weeks. I've been building THE MANCHESTER PROJECT blog which is a proper photo blog. No talking shit by me like here, just photo's.


No comments: