Saturday 13 February 2010

Similar-ish Shit Different Century.

Image copyright Mark Page

I ride past these Gasometers on my bike twice a day as I make my way to and from work, as blokes have no doubt done for the last hundred years or so. I may wear a plastic helmet instead of a flat cap but I bet like many of those working men I set off this morning with a job and returned tonight without one. As I looked up at them Gas towers I felt a connection to those fellas on them old bikes.......

Fucking hell cheer up I got redundancy money. I bet all they got was an old pie or a mouldy clog or something...

8 comments:

R. E. Moola said...

Bad luck old bean. At least you've got lots of time for worthless stuff like blogging now.

mark page said...

True. We need to give people stuff to read & comment on..

Unknown said...

I likes this picture. Does that mean you got time on your hands now to figure out what photography events we can put on in Manchester?

Sorry about the redundancy by the way. Are you joining Manchester' thriving community of freelance photographers now? Morale is very, very high ...

mark page said...

Thanks Mishka. I'm thinking of quitting photography altogether and becoming a celebrity. I'm going to do it by attending Manchester City Council's Cultural Strategy meetings and getting my cock out.

Stan B. said...

Hey, that celebrity thing sounds good! Can one do that in other countries as well?!

mark page said...

Sure Stan, I've checked and it works internationally, I'm heading to this years NYPHOTO with it. Can't wait to see Lou Reeds face when confronted with my flacid member.He'll think twice about curating next time.......

Tom said...

Oh, is that the gas meters on Liverpool Street? That's my bike commute too. Grim, isn't it?

mark page said...

Tom,
yes that's them. It is a horrible dirty pot holed road. Although I do like it late at night.