Thursday 28 May 2009

Question?

I like this shot. I like the patterns, the colour the shapes, but as a piece of Art does it show me anything more than the original idea that was on the sketch pad of the architect/designer? Unlike a lot of other Aeriel shots it seems to show me nothing more than what the original creator intended, so as anything more than an illustration of park design what's it's point? Discuss.......
P.S I have not credited the photographer who took this as knowing how google works I do not want this post to link to his name as it could be construed as a negative comment on his/her work and I don't want to do that, even though I am mearly using this shot to raise what I think is a valid quetion. Should you want to know more about the work you can find details here.


3 comments:

marcus doyle said...

The fact that the image has been framed a particular way and the photographer has taken an aerial view of the image (a view which would otherwise not normally be seen by many) the photographer makes the viewer look at a 'section' of the parks design therefore creating an individual interpretation.
I usually have a problem with aerial type images and sometimes feel they are a bit of a cop out. But this one looks like it has a bit of thought behind it.
A good example of a 'ManScape' this one.

mark page said...

Yeah granted. I also think it's interesting that it looks to be shot on an overcast day making the colours nice and muted, I do love those colours.

Toast said...

It clearly has a point - encouraging discussion on the merits of art. Which is a much more valid point than most art out there - its a great piece, composition, colour - its all good