Monday 2 June 2008

Kate Mellor

Image copyright Kate Mellor from the series "Une Semaine De Bonheur"
Not normally a big fan of photography, used with other materials/mediums as I often find it a bit gimmicky and a prop for weak ideas. However I do like Kate Mellor's work as behind it there's some rigorous thought.
Kate Mellor talks about this work: "Like the work Close to Home this is a personal project and represents an attempt to document what is near to me. I took the photographs while on holiday with friends and family in Provence and Normandy. It's the story of quite ordinary people in search of happiness. I deliberately chose to use the photographic vernacular of the holiday snap because this is a genre of photography which is accessible to most but is generally not given any significance as a photographic document" Read More:
http://www.katemellor.org.uk/projects/bonheur/index.html

No comments: